Biography Antal Horvath
Center for medical Image Analysis & Navigation (CIAN)
Department of Biomedical Engineering
University of Basel
4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Tel: +41 61 207 54 14
Antal Horvath was born in Basel, Switzerland in 1987. In 2007, he acquired his general qualification for university entrance at the Gymnasium Münchenstein where he was given an award for his matriculation project in programming a computer video game.
He then studied mathematics with a focus on numerical analysis at the University of Basel.
During the Bachelor and Master studies he worked as a teaching assistant at the Mathematical Institut of Basel. He received his B.Sc. in mathematics in 2011 and his M.Sc. in mathematics in 2014.
For his doctoral studies, he joined the medical faculty of Basel University in 2015 to work on the research project Segmentation of the Gray and White Matter in the Human Spinal Cord, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Horváth A., Pezold S., Weigel M., Parmar K., Bieri O., Cattin P. (2016) Variational Segmentation of the White and Gray Matter in the Spinal Cord Using a Shape Prior. In: Yao J., Vrtovec T., Zheng G., Frangi A., Glocker B., Li S. (eds) Computational Methods and Clinical Applications for Spine Imaging. CSI 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10182. Springer, Cham
- Pezold S., Horváth A., Fundana K., Tsagkas C., Andělová M., Weier K., Amann M., Cattin P. (2016) Automatic, Robust, and Globally Optimal Segmentation of Tubular Structures. In: Ourselin S., Joskowicz L., Sabuncu M., Unal G., Wells W. (eds) Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention -- MICCAI 2016. MICCAI 2016. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 9902. Springer, Cham
- Horváth A., Pezold S., Weigel M., Parmar K., Cattin P. (2017) High Order Slice Interpolation for Medical Images. In: Tsaftaris S., Gooya A., Frangi A., Prince J. (eds) Simulation and Synthesis in Medical Imaging. SASHIMI 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10557. Springer, Cham
- Tsagkas C., Horváth A., Weigel M., Haas T., Amann M., Kappos L., Sprenger T., Bieri O., Cattin P., Parmar K. (2018) Reliability of Automatic Spinal Cord Gray Matter Segmentation Using Averaged Magnetization Inversion Recovery Aquisitions. Abstract at the 13th Annual ARSEP MRI Workshop on the Spinal Cord, Paris, France.
- Horváth A., Jud C., Pezold S., Weigel M., Tsagkas C., Parmar K., Bieri O., Cattin P. (2018) A Principled Approach to Combining Inversion Recovery Images. Abstract at ISRMRM 2018, Paris, France.