Dr. Uri Nahum
Dr. Uri Nahum
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Phone +41 61 207 54 79
Uri Nahum received his Bachelor in Mathematics and Computer Science from the Ben Gurion University (Israel) and continued his studies at the University of Basel, where he graduated with an M.Sc. in Mathematics in 2012. His Master thesis was adressed to wave propagation phenomena.
For his Ph.D. Uri Nahum joined the research group of Prof. Dr. Grote from the Math Department of the University of Basel. His research was devoted to inverse problems and regularization methods. During his Ph.D. he developed a new regularization method, which dramatically improves both accuracy and run-time of inverse problems for medical and seismic imaging.
In January 2017, he started his postdoctoral research in the group of Prof. Ph. Cattin at the Department of Biomedical Engineering of the University of Basel. He is involved in different subjects of CIAN and the MIRACLE project including cancer detection, cancer therapy, and minimally invasive surgeries.
- Inverse problems for tumor detection and therapy.
- Regularization methods - Adaptive Eigenspace.
- Numerical methods for wave propagation (link to film).
- Grote, Marcus J.;Kray, Marie; Nahum Uri: Adaptive eigenspace method for inverse scattering problems in the frequency domain, in: Inverse problems , 2017, H. 33, S. 025006 (22pp).
- Nahum, Uri. Adaptive eigenspace for inverse problems in the frequency domain. 2016, PhD Thesis, University of Basel, Faculty of Science.
- Grote, Marcus ;Uri Nahum: Adaptive Eigenspace Inversion for the Helmholtz Equation, in: Proc. of the 12th International Conf. on Math. and Numerical Aspects of Wave Propagation, KIT, Karlsruhe 2015.