Biography Dr. Lilian Witthauer
Dr. Lilian Witthauer
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Phone +41 61 207 54 78
Lilian Witthauer received her M.Sc. in Physics from the University of Basel in 2010. For her Ph.D. in the field of experimental nuclear and particle physics, she joined the group of Prof. B. Krusche at the Department of Physics of the University of Basel. During several research visits in Mainz and Bonn (Germany), she performed experiments at different acceleration facilities and graduated in 2015 with summa cum laude. She was awarded the Camille- and Henry-Dreyfus grant and the CHIPP Prize 2015 for the best Ph.D. student in particle physics in Switzerland. Besides her Ph.D. studies, she completed a Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Medical Physics with specialization in Radiation Therapy at ETH Zürich. Her MAS thesis was devoted to navigated brachytherapy for liver tumors.
Since spring 2016, she is a postdoctoral researcher in the group of Prof. Ph. Cattin at the Department of Biomedical Engineering of the University of Basel and co-leads the Planning and Navigation Group of the MIRACLE project. Her research is addressed to the development of new minimally invasive navigation techniques and the innovative visualization of the progress and the planning of surgical interventions with the help of augmented reality.
- L.Witthauer et al., Helicity Dependent Cross Sections and Double Polarization Observable E in η Photoproduction from Quasi-Free Protons and Neutrons, Phys. Rev. C. 95, 055201 (2017)
- L.Witthauer et al., Photoproduction of η Mesons from the Neutron: Cross Sections and Double Polarization Observable E, Eur. Phys. J. A 53: 58 (2017)
- L.Witthauer et al., Insight into the Narrow Structure in η Photoproduction on the Neutron from Helicity-Dependent Cross Sections, Phys. Rev. Lett 117, 132603 (2016).
- D.Werthmüller and L.Witthauer et al., Comment on “Evidence for narrow resonant structures at W≈1.68 GeV and W≈1.72 GeV in real Compton scattering off the proton, Phys. Rev. C 92, 069801 (2015).
- D. Werthmüller and L.Witthauer et al., Quasifree photoproduction of η mesons off protons and neutrons, Phys. Rev. C 90, 015205 (2014).
- D.Werthmüller and L.Witthauer et al., Narrow Structure in the Excitation Function of η Photoproduction off the Neutron, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 232001 (2013).
- L.Witthauer and D.Werthmüller et al., Quasi-free photoproduction of η-mesons off 3He nuclei,
Eur. Phys. J. A 49: 154 (2013).