Innovation & Product Development
In recent years, members of the Clinic for Orthopaedics and Traumatology have initiated several technical innovations and products. These included novel endoprostheses aimed at improving joint function and improved crutch cuff designs to reduce symptoms and complaints associated with crutch walking. Currently, we work on establishing protocols for IMU gait analysis and for measuring shoulder translation in clinical practice.
Prof. Dr. Annegret Mündermann
PD Dr. Andreas Müller
Dr. Corina Nüesch
PD Dr. Martin Clauss
Dr. Werner Vach
Dr. Stefan Loske
Prof. Dr. Marcel Jakob
Prof. Dr. Erik Schkommodau (FHNW, Muttenz, Switzerland)
3D motion analysis
- Nüesch C., J.-N. Kreppke, A. Mündermann, and L. Donath (2018) Effects of a dynamic chair on chair seat motion and trunk muscle activity during office tasks and task transitions. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Dec 3;15(12), 2723.
- Byrnes K., C. Nüesch, S. Loske, S. Schären, C. Netzer, and A. Mündermann (2018) Inertial sensor based gait and attractor analysis as clinical measurement tool: functionality/sensitivity in patients with symptomatic lumbar spinal stenosis and healthy subjects. Frontiers in Physiology9:1095. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2018.01095.
- Nüesch C., J.-A. Overberg, H. Schwameder, G. Pagenstert, and A. Mündermann (2018) Repeatability of spatial, temporal and kinetic parameters assessed using an instrumented treadmill for different ambulatory speeds. Gait & Posture,62: 117-123.
- Nüesch C., E. Roos, G. Pagenstert, and A. Mündermann (2017) Measuring joint kinematics of treadmill walking and running: comparison between an inertial sensor based system and a camera-based system. Journal of Biomechanics57:32-38.
- Hügle T., A. Arnieri, M. Bünter, S. Schären, and A. Mündermann (2017) Prospective clinical evaluation of a novel anatomic cuff for forearm crutches in patients with osteoarthritis. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders18:110.
A complete list of our publications can be found on Pubmed.